Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

The birth of EGGtoberfest

KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With all the interest in the upcoming EGGtoberfest in Atlanta, I thought this might be a good time to reflect back to the roots of this great event and ensure that the newer forum and family members understand how it came about.[p]Although I'd love to take credit for the idea, the real pats on the back should go to Brant Warren and a gal named Renatta who hasn't posted here with us for a long long time.[p]It was almost 2 years ago exactly when the start of the great flaming wars began between our forum and some folks who use one of those other "ceramic" cookers. Back then, that forum had some interesting initial members and many of their posts (especially on cooking) were quite entertaining. There was much heated debate as to which cooking device was better and the dialogue started to get old in a hurry.[p]After a few PBRs one evening, I decided to have some real fun with this whole situation and challenged those K boys to a cooking contest. I then wisely solicited JJ as our team captain. He quickly stood up to be counted, as did JSlot, our beloved Webmaster, Brant and a few others. Team BGE was really looking forward to kicking some ass and was bitterly dissapointed when the enemy failed to put a team together and name the battlefield. [p]In a thread of BGE forum posts that followed, Brant and Renatta combined for an elegant solution: "why don't we just get together and do a little cooking" and the rest is history.[p]I will never forget the hard work and effort put forth by Bill Miller in carrying out the planning and logistics that made this very first EGGtoberfest a reality and now more than just an annual celebration of cooking on Humpty.[p]I've including a link to my challenge post on the other forum. You'll find their archives for July 98 and after to be quite amusing if you have time to peruse.[p]bottle.gif
the instigator [p]

[ul][li]The roots of EGGtoberbest[/ul]

Comments