Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

low cholesterol recipes

Options
badbruce
badbruce Posts: 353
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mornin' Girls & Boys,
Any egg recipe suggestions for a low cholesterol diet?
After 14 months with 2 large eggs I'm 20+ lbs. overweight & my doctor says my cholesterol is way too high & I need to go on a diet.
Cheers,
bruce

Comments

• badbruce,
    Sirloin and white meat chicken, salmon and related fishes are about it as far as healthy meats. You should restrict your intake of red meat to under 6 to 8 oz.s a day. Red meat is HIGHLY dense so the same amount for the same cholesterol level as compared to white meat and salmon is very small.

• badbruce,[p]I'm in the same boat. I'm starving myself during the week so I can BBQ on the weekends. [p]My doc told me not to watch the cholesterol, but to watch the fat. The fat is what turns into cholesterol. I'm trying to eat meatless at least twice during the weekdays, fish and chicken on the others. Then on the weekends, its just me and my egg!
  • badbruce
    Options
    Hi edbro,
    I have yet to recieve instructions from my doctor re: the diet. I'll be grateful if I can eat what I want on the weekends & diet during the week.
    GL & Cheers,
    bruce

• badbruce
    Options
    Hi Chris Habgood,
    Thanks for the tip.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• badbruce,
    This weekday/weekend diet is my idea. Definitely not doctor approved. You won't tell will you?

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    badbruce, I'm in the middle of losing 30 pounds, I have lost 20 since mid july. My daily diet is this. Coffee in the morning, oatmeal at 9am, about noon I'll have either a chix salad, for just fruit. Later I'll have more fruit. About 400pm I'll have a 'SkinnyCow" ice cream sandwich. For dinner I'll have chicken, fish, with or inclued with a salad. And I go to TCYB for fat free frozen Yorgurt. And that its, even day since Mid July. Only recently I have eaten a little better, thinks like Turkey. The main thing was staying away from "4 legged farm animals" and fried foods. No junk. Now with a little help from Lipitor my total cholesterol is 110.
    I just had 3 BB pork ribs the other day, first in months. Just tasted some beef yesterday. Its not easy, oh yea I dont drink or smoke.

• tach18k
    Options
    tach18k, Lots of wheat noodles with Paul Newmans sauce

• tach18k,
    110 total cholesterol is amazing. Do you know what it was before you started dieting?[p]I'm not overweight at all (6'2" - 170lbs) but my cholesterol level is 245. It's probably gone up a bit since just from looking at some of the posted pictures of meals on this board.

• badbruce
    Options
    Hi edbro,
    I wont tell my doctor, but your doctor is another story.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• badbruce
    Options
    Greetings tach18k,
    Congrats, that’s great. If I had to eat the same thing everyday for 3 months I think I'd explode. Then again @ 242 lbs. & 5'9" I just might explode tomorrow.
    I'm going to print your diet & save it, might come in handy.
    Thanks,
    bruce

• tach18k
    Options
    badbruce,
    I'm 6 foot and was 220, now I'm about 198. hesding for 185, then I can eat a little more so I can adjust the food ratio so I can maintain at 190.