Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Flank Steak

Options
wdan
wdan Posts: 261
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm still on my kick of simpler, fewer competing flavors in a bunch of my cooking lately. I have fallen absolutely in love with flank steak. I've been using it for Philly-"style" cheese steaks and my own brought from sweet home Chicago recipe for Italian beef sandwiches. [p]Tonite I found another flank calling out to me me at the grocery store. I slit a big pocket in it and slid in some Havarti cheese slices and Canadian bacon. Rubbed outside with EVoo, sea salt and black pepper. About 6 minutes each side, direct, 400-ish dome. Tented in aluminum foil for 10 - 15 minutes. Sliced about 1/8" thick across grain. My wife raved and proclaimed she liked it better than our normal, more expensive TRex'd adventures. For me the Havarti was almost (but not quite) a bit too intense...maybe regular Swiss next time. OTOH, vegetables, other cheeses, old license plates, you name it...the stuffing possibilities are endless!

Comments

• T-47
    T-47 Posts: 84
    Options
    WDAN, This is my favorite flank steak recipe!
    Got this recipe out of an old Cooking Light magazine. It was awesome![p]1/4 C Packed Dark Brown Sugar
    1/4 C Minced Green Onion
    1/4 C Bourbon
    1/4 C Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    1/4 C Dijon Mustard
    1/2 t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
    1/4 t Worchester
    2-Pound Flank Steak[p]I used my Jaccard on the meat first. Combine the ingredients in a sealable bag and marinade the meat for 8 hours or over night in the fridge.[p]Remove the meat from the marinade and reserve the remaining marinade.[p]I grilled the meat over direct high heat for 4 minutes a side and let it rest 10 minutes, it gave me medium rare and rare meat.[p]Put the remaining marinade in a sauce pan with 1/2 t of corn starch bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute for gravy.[p]We served this with garlic/chive mashed potatoes and there was nothing left.