Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Double smoked ham question

Options
Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a half of a ham (country style) that I just took out of the freezer. I was wondering if I could do something similar to the double smoked ham recipe without the sweet stuff. I like the country ham do be just that, country ham. I would also like it to be juicy, this has been in the freezer for a few months, so I imagine it will have dried somewhat. any suggestions?[p]Eggecutioner

Comments

• Swing Oil
    Options
    Eggecutioner, I just put a country ham on the egg this morning. We will be eating it tomorrow while watching Alabama vs. TN. I have some thourough instructions from the supplier of the ham, if you would like me to scan and attach to an email. The first instruction is to let it soak 8-12 hours before cooking. This may help with the dryness. It has been my eggsperience that country ham is always somewhat dry.

• Eggecutioner
    Options
    Swing Oil,
    If it is not too much trouble, I would like to see those instructions.[p]Thanks
    E