Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2005 pics now online - Captions Needed

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've posted about 90 pictures of the Eggtoberfest online at the line below. All are in need of captions and or identified. Just drop me an email with the photo number along with your caption or at least tell me who's in it and I'll update them. I know quite a few, but I wanted to get these online ASAP.[p]Thanks to Ed, Jim, Lou, John, Bill, Brenda and everyone else who worked so hard to put on a great event.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
Austin, TX[p]http://www.krach.org/BGE/Eggtoberfest2005/[p]

[ul][li]Eggtoberfest 2005 Pics[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• GrillMeister,
    I have a question about that pepperoni pizza. How did it get so nicely browned on an unlit grill?

• GrillMeister
    Options
    edbro,[p]It was lit around 9 in the morning and had plenty of time to get a clean burn. We cooked the pizzas at about 450 degrees.[p]Nothing beats a virgin egg for pizzas.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • edbro,
    Went back and looked again and it is lit. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing a brand new egg anymore!

• GrillMeister
    Options
    edbro,[p]Yep, Hot Ash used a plate setter PLUS a Grid Exender and a pizza pan. This put the pizza up in the dome and it did not burn the bottom either. A great setup.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Great pics man. Thanks![p]Smokey

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I feel like a hunk of meat being prepared to go on a BGE[p]Rub it in... Rub it in... LOL[p]Great photos. Oddly I'm not in any of them. Could it be because I was not there? Yes! I missed all the fun.[p]Spring "Stay At Home" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    photo74.jpg
    <p />GrillMeister,[p]So here's my favorite photo! Reminds me of the days I lived in Oregon, and we'd get a bushel of oysters & cook over a campfire in the woods along the coast. Wow, thanks for triggering that memory![p]Who was the egger? How were they?[p]Chuck

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    chuckls,[p]I believe that the "Oklahoma Gang" ...(Snoopy,"The Coolest Mom at Eggtoberfest"..Phyllis...Jim, and more ) did those.[p]I think...99% sure![p]Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Thanks Chubbster. Oh yeah, be sure to turn in your recipes for the great stuff you cooked last weekend.....

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Ut ohhhhhh!
    There is a picture missing there. The one of you picking up nuts at the after party! I hope you remember that one!hehehehe.
    Pleasure to finally meet ya. Many thanx Ed for allowing me to be one of three people to get a bottle of your "kick you in your ass" sauce. Cant wait to try it.
    It's neat that your buisness trips to Atlanta are always timely with Eggtoberfest. If you ever do buisness in eastern PA just give me a holler.
    ST

• Chubby
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Keep it up!![p]I'll send you a taste of what I've got cooked up for you...off the board!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]That.... was a classic!![p]The GrillMeister.... counting Little Green Eggs (on hands and knees) in the parking Lot!![p]I wish I had pics of that too!![p]Glad you both made it home ok.[p]Say hello to Nancy for me!![p]Evans[p]PS...here's a little "teaser" for you..... [p]Good pic('cept for your ugly mug)!![p]SmokinandNancy.jpg[p]PSS....Send me your home addy and phone (off board) so I can forward you a disc of Oklahoma Pics!!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Chubby,
    Did you burn it?[p]:o)

• Chubby
    Options
    LawnRanger,[p]I didn't even cook it!![p]Ed and Tom were jealous of the "female attention" I was garnering... and hid my cooking utensils!![p]Like that will stop them!![p]Although It goes without saying...[p]"A little "Chubby"... can be hard to walk away from"!![p]Evans[p]
  • tinman
    tinman Posts: 42
    Options
    picture 0603 is Tinman ( Jorge Cancel) peeling the meat from the rainbow trout caught the day before BUT why didn't I find those oysters and where did they come from... they look like Gulf Coast oysters, yum!

awesome eggfest, and the coordination was second to none!
    Jorge
  • Snoopy Dog Dog
    Options
    Chubby,[p]That was my 3 nephews Joey, Jeff & Sean that did the oysters. I waited too long and didn't get one myself, but they looked and smelled really good in person. Don't be saying things like "Coolest Mom" to Phyllis...her head will get big and then I'll have to listen to her. :)[p]Chris

• bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Wow! What a site, seeing all those eggs lined up-very cool![p]great pics, thanks for posting them.[p]phillip
  • smokinstud
    Options
    chuckls,[p]This was my "Panhandle Oyster Rockefeller" recipe I perfected while down at FSU and 45 minutes from Appalachicola. They are best "right off the boat and right onto the EGG"