Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

cracked my stone - Help!

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My large egg rests directly on a 16" smooth round red stepping stone from Lowes and then on the lower shelf of my treated wood cart. Last night while fired up at 400 degrees the stone cracked in two. The stone has been in use for 3+ months and I wonder why it cracked now...but anyway...it was extremely hot to the touch. Should I replace it with an exposed aggregate stone so at least there are rocks providing some air flow due to the rough surface? BUT more importantly should I use the little green feet in addition to the stone? I'm adding a hole for my new small egg and have already bought a matching 12" red stone for it, but that can always be used in my handy-dandy katapult to hurl at a neighbor! ^oo^~

Comments