Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lesson learned

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you are cooking a whole mess of ribs be very careful that the thermometer is not sticking into the meat.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Big Cat, Yeh, pull off the clip and put it in a drawer. Then you can slip the therm in and out at your option. For close tolerance set up's I use a piece of styrofoam to insulate the stem. A cork drilled out as per JCA's idea also works. Carefull tho, you can hit it and bend the stem.
    C~W[p]

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    So many corks, so little wine.... JCA

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    J Appledog, Yassa girl, your in step! Hey, your so close this morning I almost tripped over ya. :-)

• Unknown
    Options
    J Appledog,
    They ended up being scorched at who knows what temp for an hour. I was trying to be a good boy and not peek, but after an hour I knew something was wrong. When I saw what had happened I covered them with tin foil and let them sit another hour at 200. To our amazement they were still better than any ribs we've had off any gas grill.[p]Big Cat