Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I must be living right

char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked up a Boston Butt two nights ago, left it unpulled and put it in the fridge overnight. Then I took it out and took it to a party today. I followed the good Doctor Spin's advice and cut off fist chunks, put them in ziplock bags and microwaved for a few minutes at low power. [p]I've never had pork sandwiches that good before and nobody else at the party could remember anything like it either. [p]I'm already planning another Butt just for the 'mediate family next week.[p]I also did pizzas for guests a few nights ago and for the second time our guests decided on the spot that our egg looked like a minature reactor. Polders on the front and smoke coming out of the top gave it that appearance, I guess. Anyway, they made fun of it until they got a taste of what the egg could do, then they became more respectful. [p]Any other newbies getting this reaction from friends or family?

Comments

• Mike OelrichMike Oelrich Posts: 544
    char buddy ,[p] Guess I've had my BGE too long to be called a "newbie". However, I still try new things all the time. In fact, just about everyone on this forum probably still has friends that come over to try a new "Eggsperiment" and can't believe how well the BGE worked in preparing it. Every time I make something new or different for my friends, they always have that reaction -- especially if he food is something they don't normally associate with "grilling". (You want to put *dough* in that thing?)[p] Yesterday I helped out at a volleyball tournament. Brought my small BGE along and filled it up with bratwurst. There were a lot of very curious people watching me lug the little sucker across the parking lot . . .[p]MikeO
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    MikeO, Someday I will read in the papers where the "bomb squad" relieved some poor BGE owner of a small or mini and blew it up in a bunker!! LOL
    C~W[p]

• char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    Char-Woody,[p]Are friends trying to tell us the egg is da bomb?
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    char buddy , Usually BBQ food from the Mint Julips from JJ's mix and bombed is the word. And cooking on the BGE blows all the others away..What more can I say..:-)
    Must be my day?? Cheers..C~W[p]