Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the best beef for kabobs?

Options
Grillicious
Grillicious Posts: 347
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The cub scouts are going camping this weekend and I've been assigned the "adult" food for one meal. The initial suggestion was steaks, but that was reduced to kabobs. What is the best and most economical cut of beef for kabobs? Pictures are unnecessary, but always cool. I considered taking the egg, but then I had unnerving images of all the cubs running around and knocking it over.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Grillicious,
    I've had good luck with tri tip and sirloin tip steaks. I used a Lawry's marinade.
    The best is a whole beef tenderloin. Cut most into steaks and use the rest for kabobs.[p]Mike

• Buford
    Buford Posts: 14
    Options
    Grillicious, Top Sirloin is the most economical and most tender without marinating the h*ll out of it. Can be found at Sam's/Costco/etc cut into steaks....you just need to chunk it yourself. A 'quick flavor' marinade helps, but is not necessary.