Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How Do You Pull Pork?

Anthony Up NorthAnthony Up North Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a "picnic" going, about 5 lbs. [p]I"ve been following your instructions posted here in the past. Awesome results so far. Everything going well. Couldn't have done it without your help. THANKS!!![p]Picnic been on for 5 1/2 hours. Dome temp is holding at 210. Internal temp is up to 165. Maybe 3-4 more hours to go. Plan to jack dome temp up to 250 when internal reaches 180. Then plan is to take internal temp up to 195 to 200. Any suggested modifications at this point.[p]Then when I take it off. I plan to pull it immediately since we will be hungry. Is that okay or is it better to wrap in foil and wait about 15-30 minutes befor pulling? [p]Main question - how is the pulling done? Can anyone describe that process me in simple language. [p]Thanks for your help on this small point too. I don't want to screw anything up.[p]Anthony

Comments