Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Elvis was King Creole, my Daisy is Queen Creosote

RRPRRP Posts: 15,604
edited 11:21AM in EggHead Forum
I've been smoking a lot since I got Humpty and my sliding daisy is getting sort of ugly with creosote. I wipe off the liquid type, but would like to give it a good bath. I checked the archives for the word and nothing popped up. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks! RRP
Ron
Dunlap, IL
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    RRP,[p]An overnight soak in ammonia and a good rinse will do the trick.[p]Spin

·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    RRP,[p]If you do highg temp searing once or so a month, it will do a good job of cleaning off some of the GOOK! I use "simple green" for a more in depth cleaning![p]Smokey

·
  • Spin, I used a large coffee can and dumped in some ammonia and closed the top with the plastic seal. Works great as you suggest. A few days doesn't hurt if you can.
    Easy to slosh around and agitate.
    Cheers...C~W[p]

·
  • EarlEarl Posts: 468
    RRP,[p] When i run into that problem, i dismantle the lid & just
    let it sit in soapy water over night. I then use a mild
    tooth brush to clean the hard to get places. Rinse, dry,
    then put back together & start all over. Not rust yet.[p] Earl

·