Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Stew on the egg

SmokingInMOSmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Stew.jpg
<p />Had asked if anyone had recipies earlier, then remembered, hey it's stew, no need for a recipie just clean out the fridge. I got into the freezer and found a few bags of frozen left over meat, one bag appeared to be some tri-tip and the other looked like a ribeye. 2 cans of stewed tomoatoes, 1 can of tomatoe sauce, 1 can of beer, around 2 cups of water. Added some diced oinion and a bag of frozen vegetables and some potatoes, then seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme and oregano. Cooked it on the egg for about 3 hours at 300 and then added some bow tie paste for a little more sustenace, then cooked for another hour. Some of the best stew I have ever cooked and didn't measure out a single ingredient. Sometimes just going back to the basics pays off.
Stew2.jpg

·

Comments

• SmokingInMO,[p]Now THAT looks good to me! I bet the stew really hit the spot. Comfort food at it's best![p]:)

·
  • BufordBuford Posts: 14
    prokstew1.jpg
    <p />SmokingInMO, stew on the grill is great! You are right, the simpler the better.

·