Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Mini Grill and stand question

FritzFritz Posts: 179
edited 4:38AM in EggHead Forum
We did our first cook on the mini tonight. It was steaks. A small filet for the boy and a ribeye for me and Mary.[p]These were cooked abou how we do steaks on the small or large, 2 minutes per side at 600* and then 2-3 minutes with every thing closed.[p]They were wonderful. The mini does not take much lump at all.[p]I am a bit disappointed in my stand though. The mini wobbles in it, especially when I open it. I noticed the raised bottom on the mini tonight. What do you all with minis do for a stand? Do ou use the BGE one or do you just set it on a tbale since the bottom is raised off the ground anyway?[p]Also, is there a mini cover?[p]Thanks.[p]Fritz
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Fritz,
    My mini sits on a 2" concrete stepping ston and I use a trash bag for a cover.

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    minicorian.jpg
    <p />Fritz,
    I just got home from Flordia,7 days of cooking on my mini.Here is a picture of the table and stand i made for the mini,i took a lot of pictures of the mini full of food,maybe i can get Bryan to post them for me.
    YB

[ul][li]Bar Stool Stand[/ul]
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Fritz, My mini egg sits on the feet that came with the large one. Do not put it directly on a wooden surface - it will burn right into it! JCA

·