Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Stick a fork in this BRISKET, It's DONE

JohnLJohnL Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
brisk.jpg
<p />Good evening all. Here's a picture of a brisket I did as it first came off the BGE getting ready to be wrapped in foil for a 45 minute rest, my first on the BGE. I've done briskets before on a Brinkman Smoker, but nothing can compare to the one I just did. It was totally awesome, moist, a nice smoke ring, and the best I've ever had. My guest's agreed. It was 10.5 lbs, cooked over a drip pan filled with left over marinade and about 5 fat cloves of garlic put in drip pan. It cooked for 22 hours at 240 dome temp and finished at 195* in the point and 201 in the flat. I think I'll have to agree with the others here that marinade in the drip pan doesn't add flavor, and I thought the garlic cloves would add, but they didn't as I can tell. Although they gave off a very nice aroma while cooking, it didn't impart any roasted garlic flavor. Nonetheless, it was fantastic. I let this one rest in foil for 45 minutes before slicing, then sliced thin against the grain and had plenty of JJ's BBQ sauce on hand, as well as three taps of homebrew going, so we are having a great time.
Thanks to all for the help and advice on this brisket. I'll sure be doing more of these in the future. It's so easy on the BGE. I loaded it up to the top of the firering, lit, it cooked and held 240 degrees for 22 hours and I still have lump left. [p]Everyone have a great weekend,
John

Comments