Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket Question

JohnLJohnL Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 10.5 lb brisket marinating, and going to put it on this evening about 6 or 7 pm. I was wondering, knowing the flat will reach the targeted internal temp way before the point, should one wrap the flat in heavy duty foil after it reaches temp to retain moisture or should I just let it ride with the point until the point reaches 195*? By the way, this is a monster looking brisket, the point being about double the thickness of the flat, also has about 1/2" fat cap.[p]John

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    JohnL,[p]By the time the point reaches 195, I'd think the flat would be overdone. As I discovered yesterday, they're easy to separate. So I'd cook the flat to tenderness (which may happen well before 195; mine was perfectly tender at just 181, so rely on a fork test rather than temp). Then cook the separated point some more, if you like. [p]I'm sure you'll get better advice from those with more brisket experience![p]Cathy