Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One proud Pappa

Options
haywyre
haywyre Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCF1243.jpg
<p />Well Last night Gracie did her first cook on the Egg. She wanted to do Hot Dogs. (To Scale of the small egg they looked like pork loins) hehehe. She did everything on her own. I stood back and coached. But you know its funny to watch what she would do just from watchng me in the past. He even set it to maintain at 400. I think I just saved myself money on a BBQ Guru :) The Hot Dogs turned out great. (What doesnt in the egg) So as you can tell we threw out the Easybake and in to the Small egg. I guess Momma needs her medium now :) or should I give her my large and get me a XL ;)[p]God Bless
-H[p]
DSCF1242.jpg

Comments

• Dos Huevos
    Options
    haywyre,[p]Dude, it just got very dusty in my office. That's awesome. [p]My daughter's 3 1/2. Do you have any egg-related tasks you think she could do? Maybe bringing me the torch or handing me the ash tool and wiggle rod?[p]I can't wait for urchin 1.0's first cook...
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    haywyre,
    nothing like a kid that likes to cook. .. .given, my spawn is 16. .. .but i can call her from the office and have her set up the egg so that when i get home, fire is already going and cooking temp is established. .. she also does a great job as my assistant. ...and she'll even cook the whole meal beginning to end. . .although that isn't always a great deal for me as i end up having to clean up after her. . ..[p]anyway. . .congrats . ..a kid that learns and likes to cook at an early age is a cook for life!!

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    haywyre,
    Many that is awesome. A friends daughter makes coffee like her dad...each precise step copied. It took ten years to get my wife to make it for me maybe the female child will be easier!
    As far as the Egg broke my rain cap twice finally gave up and washed a dog bowl and use it instead! Find my ash tool and grid lifter throughout the yard....some serious Q instruction is needed. I think it is time for her to join the Big Green Egg machine and start boot camp![p]H

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    haywyre,[p]Gee, a couple more kids and you could have the whole set![p]Cute pic of your daughter. Glad she's caught the cooking bug at a young age.[p]Gwen
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    344%3B2%3C%3B923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B3%3E842%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C2%3C84%3A48%3Anu0mrj
    <p />haywyre,
    My goodness how much she's grown since the first Texas Eggfest in Temple. Here she is standing in front of the Big Green Egg sign. Now she's an Egghead in her own right. Time sure flies when you're having fun.[p]Spring "Fine Feathered Friend" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    haywyre,
    That is absolutely fantastic. Wait till she tells the kids at school. Adults don't understand Big Green Egg. Be prepared for show and tell.[p]Mike