Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Beef?

CsgCsg Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think that this forum is great. I read it daily. You guys talked me into pulled pork this weekend and it turned out great, but I lean toward beef. What do I buy to make pulled beef,how long do I cook it and at what temp do I take it off? Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Csg,[p]Beef is pretty much going to well done and adding another 10 -15 deg to it. No matter what cut it is - it pretty much comes apart with a fork then. I did a chuck roast and a rump roast with good results. That was back in my "over smoke everything" days so I don't have the fondest regards - but it shreaded up nicely.
    I think Gordon does it - he will jump in if so.
    Tim

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Csg,
    Why don't you do a brisket??? At around 190-200 internal, it doesn't pull just like pork, but it is very, very tender and can be pulled apart. Also, like pulled pork, it is great on sammiches with some barbecue sauce. And the beef flavor is prominent, and unique in this particular steer muscle.[p]Have you cooked a chunk-o-chest yet??[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • CsgCsg Posts: 17
    Nature Boy,hat is Chunk-o-chest?

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Csg,
    Sorry. A chun-o-chest is what I call a brisket.
    Basically it is a big chunk of the cow's chest.
    Don't git much better. You done one yet??
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Csg, for some reason, every time I see that term used I think of Dolly Parton or Mae West..Must be a mind thing. :-)
    C~W, C~W, C~W, C~W ooops!!!

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Csg, Pork rules, but if you want tender pulled beef its a different cook.
    C~W

·