Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

a daisy top for a small yes or no?

edited 1:50PM in EggHead Forum
Being the proud new owner of a small BGE as a sibling to his big brother I wonder if a daisy wheel is a necessity as I "think" I'll be using the small for searing etc and quick cooks...and can at least control the temp with vent and a cocked rain top. Am I right or wrong? Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated. ^oo^~

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    one feral kat,[p]I don't use the daisy on the small unless I want to keep the dome temp below 250. You don't need it for searing.[p]I LOVE the small Egg - wish I'd bought one earlier. [p]one domesticated cat ;-}

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    one feral kat, And the other Cat may soon agree, "no" not needed for high temps..and a inverted flower pot may do the job for low and slow..even if Cat use's nothing at all. :-)
    Cheers..C~W

Char-Woody,[p]Whoa...13 seconds! Bet that's a Forum record for simultaneous postings.[p]Cat
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    one feral kat,
    Yes, I would get the daisy wheel for the Small. I do not know what I would do without it.
    I actually wish that they made a true slide top for the small.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    one feral kat,[p]I use the daisy on my Small for low and slow and also for 300-400. From what I hear from the likes of Cat and CW, one can control temps above 250 with no top at all (I've never tried since I started out using the daisy and I'm a creature of habit) so if you never wish to cook below 250, you probably don't need it. I still say get it - we all need toys.[p]Cornfed
    Cornfed,[p]Well, there is that...I got the combo slide/mini for my small just because it's so CUTE! (Maybe it's a girl thing.)[p]Cathy
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cat, NB and I were within 5 seconds one day! Any closer and we would ricochet!! :-)
    C~W....