Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

2 hr pork butt ---- who wants to try this??

Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I ran across this reply on another forum. I have removed a few words to protect the innocent (heard that on TV). Here is the company reply:[p][p]""I cook pork butts which are about 5 lbs. It takes about 2 to 2.5 hrs. while cooking with indirect heat at about 325 degrees. I
cook them to an internal temperature of 160 degrees with a polder. If you like to cook low such as 225 degrees or close to it, since you have the polder let it tell you when the food is done. After the first
time you would have an idea about cooking time. I donot believe you need to stay up nights to cook your food in the xxxxxx xxxxx. At the temperature you are cooking I would say it should take you from 4 to 5 hours. If you like to still cook longer. I would cut down the temperature further after I reach about 130 degrees internal temperature by cutting down on both the dampers (almost closed).""[p][p]This comes from the company. A 5 lb pork butt in 2 hrs -- yum, bet you can't beat it apart with a club. Maybe theirs has a built in microwave too.[p]Tim [p]

Comments