Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grill cleaning

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,749
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
sunsets.jpg
<p />i havent given the grill a good cleaning in a long while, this seems to work
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Were going to change your name from fishlessman to FireMan.
    If that does not get it clean nothing will.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]NICE GASKET!!!!
  • wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    why1504,
    What's wrong with the gasket? Looks to be in better shape than mine and mine still holds smoke (most of it anyway).[p]Good topic to bring up though. It seems a lot of folks get a tad bit prematurely worried about their gaskets when they first start showing signs of deformation and discoloration. I got a little bit jumpy after reading a lot of posts about gasket replacements so I ordered a new gasket when mine started to look a bit skanky. Thankfully, I did not install it right away because I started to realize that hey, wait a minute, what are you doing and why, because look buddy, the gasket is still holding everything in. So what's the rush? I basically realized that as long as it still holds in the smoke (or most of it) it is still doing its job...ugly as it may be. It's just the "patina" it gets when it is broken in! OTOH, I would be quite concerned if that was the gasket on say, my pressure cooker, or my circular saw. I'll never forget the day when that seal blew on my saw and all the smoke escaped. Sharp blades help prevent this problem by the way. lol

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    all you need are marshmellows. good clean
  • SCalHotRod
    Options
    Anyone ever considered a generous spray of EasyOff oven cleaner, a strong garbage bag tied off, and a sunny day?

Although not nearly as cool, it works surprisingly well with not much effort.

Chris
    Santa Clara, CA
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    why1504,
    the gasket has been burnt for a long time, but the egg seals well and can hold low 200's without leaking. since i have no need to cook at lower temps than that with the small i dont think that gasket will ever be replaced. in new england the felt causes too much problem in the winters as it picks up moisture and freezes the egg shut. for cooking at low temps like 145, i use the large with the rutland gasket

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it