Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JJ's ribs

Options
Bruce Fischer
Bruce Fischer Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did a big slab of ribs using JJ's direct method today. Everybody said they were the best they'd ever had. I soaked em in a salt, suger, maple syrup & spice, brine for about 18 hrs. before substituting Dizzy Pigs "Dizzy Dust" for JJ's rub, then let that marinate another 16 hrs. before I started cooking. I must have done something right, cause there were only 4 of us and those ribs are gone, the girls were polite, but we (men) were ready to fight over the last one (I backed down, decided to act like a generous host).
We are trying to stick (close) to phase 1 on the "South Beach Diet". So I replaced the brown sugar in JJ's Dipping Sauce recipe with "Splenda" to keep the carbs down. I do not recommend anybody else try that. Those ribs don't need sauce, anyway.
Thanks to this board, the egg, and Dizzy Pig (no particular order), for turning me into a pretty decent cook