Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

JJ's ribs

Bruce FischerBruce Fischer Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did a big slab of ribs using JJ's direct method today. Everybody said they were the best they'd ever had. I soaked em in a salt, suger, maple syrup & spice, brine for about 18 hrs. before substituting Dizzy Pigs "Dizzy Dust" for JJ's rub, then let that marinate another 16 hrs. before I started cooking. I must have done something right, cause there were only 4 of us and those ribs are gone, the girls were polite, but we (men) were ready to fight over the last one (I backed down, decided to act like a generous host).
We are trying to stick (close) to phase 1 on the "South Beach Diet". So I replaced the brown sugar in JJ's Dipping Sauce recipe with "Splenda" to keep the carbs down. I do not recommend anybody else try that. Those ribs don't need sauce, anyway.
Thanks to this board, the egg, and Dizzy Pig (no particular order), for turning me into a pretty decent cook