Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Update on my First BGE COOK

JohnLJohnL Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, all is well in eggland. I was alarmed after I checked the butt and shoulder at 7 hours and the internal temp was 160 degrees, but I just checked again at the 12.5 hour mark, the dome is still 250 degree's and the internal is at 165. What a bark, I had to try a sliver and man, what flavor and moistness. I think I'm going to get a couple hours sleep and get up at 3 am and up the temp to about 300 to finish it off hopefully about 5 or 6 am. Then on to the ribs. I can't believe I still have about half a load of lump in the egg at this point. This is the way BBQ'ing was meant to be. I'll post pics of the finished product hopefully tomorrow. So, I'll raise my glass of Pale Ale to all fellow eggers and wish everyone a very happy and safe 4th of July. [p]John

Comments