Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Butt vs. Picnic

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks.... I'm one of those long time readers, but have posted few messages. Had my egg now for three years, and all the postings on here have been a tremendous help. So first I'll say THANKS! Now for my question: My local butcher didn't have a Butt today, and I promised folks pulled pork on the 4th. So, I picked up a 5.5 lbs bonless picnic. My theory is it comes from the shoulder, same as the butt, so I'll cook it the say way. I've got the dome maintained at 230, and I'll cook until internal reaches 200... remove from the egg, wrap in foil for 10-15 minutes, then pick and pull. I expect this to take about 12 hours. Am I on the right track here? Thanks in advance. Larry

Comments