Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

yet another brat recipe

KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With all this talk about brats recently, I picked up a bunch to serve at my little weekend party. I was unaware of Char-Woody's "firecracker" brat post and found a recipe I had clipped from the local newspaper a year or so ago. Went something like this. Pierce the brats a couple of times with a fork as you would potatos before baking them. Coursely chop up a couple of large onions and saute in oil. I used a large cast iron skillet. When the onions start to brown add a large can of sauerkraut, liquid and all, to the skillet and throw in the brats. Add enough beer (I used PBR of course) to provide a depth about half way up the sides of the brats. Do a splash or 2 or 3 of Tabasco sauce, more if you dare. The recipe stated that the desired effect was flavor and not heat. Slowly simmer for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, and the brats will be fully cooked and will have plumped up nicely. Now grill them to char up the outside. Drain the onion/kraut mixture and use as toppings on the brat rolls. Serve with course ground mustard. Yum, yum[p]K~G

Comments