Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Egg Owner - Sorry about all the meat I've previously cooked on wood/charcoal

JimEJimE Posts: 158
edited 9:25PM in EggHead Forum
Well I bought my first egg yesterday. An XL model. (I've previously owned 4 different charcoal/wood smokers. Got home about 6:30 p.m made steaks for my first item. Damn they were the best. I want to apologize to the hundreds of steaks I've previously cooked on an inferior charcoal grill. [p]After the steaks were done. I couldn't wait so began to smoke some baby back ribs. They were the best ribs I've ever tasted. I feel remorseful for having previously served to my friends thousands of inferior slabs that were prepared on my charcoal /wood smokers.[p]For anyone who is thinking about buying an egg - I recommend you do it. I wonder what the trash man is going to think when he sees my two charcoal/wood smokers on the curb. I have friends who want them but I've told them I can't let them have them when they can afford to buy an egg.

Comments

• Jim, It only gets better!!

• billygbillyg Posts: 315
    the next thing you gotta do is get Dr. BBQ's book. Ray's book is to bbq and grilling cookbooks is what the egg is to other grills and smokers. Keep cook'in and welcome to the cult, opps I meant club.

billyg
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Jim, I too was late in coming to the Egg. I figured it's only fair that I try to cook twice as much on the Egg as I did in 25 years on the gasser. Now that I've done that in about 5 years, I guess I better set my sights on cooking 10 times as much.