Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grillin Bill's tri-tip still a winner

KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the wife out of town this weekend visiting her brother and nothing but time on my hands, I decided to fire up the eggs and host an informal open house to show off the cooking toys all set up on the new pad.[p]Simply told the fat boys and the rest of the gang to stop in at any time for a cold one and a taste of whatever is cooking. 15 or 18 folks rolled through over the course of the weekend. We went through some brats, pizza, a couple racks of baby backs and 2 NY strip steaks that I cut up into "samples" after cooking. Humpty and Junior received many accolades for their fine work.[p]Just when I thought the day was over, I got a call from our own RhumAndJerk. He had spent the afternoon at Jacob's field enjoying a rare (for this year) Indians victory. I told him to come on down as I still had the Grillin Bill's signature tri tip to serve which I started prepping almost 2 days earlier. The roast spent 24 hours in the marinade and almost another 24 hours in the rub and mustard. This is a great recipe and well worth your consideration. A little advance preparation is required but well worth the effort. It was soooooo good that Mike and I almost ate the whole thing ourselves while we stood around BSing.[p]K~G
Many thanks to our rookie of the year Grillin Bill!

[ul][li]Grillin Bill's tri-tip[/ul]

Comments