Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grillin Bill's tri-tip still a winner

KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the wife out of town this weekend visiting her brother and nothing but time on my hands, I decided to fire up the eggs and host an informal open house to show off the cooking toys all set up on the new pad.[p]Simply told the fat boys and the rest of the gang to stop in at any time for a cold one and a taste of whatever is cooking. 15 or 18 folks rolled through over the course of the weekend. We went through some brats, pizza, a couple racks of baby backs and 2 NY strip steaks that I cut up into "samples" after cooking. Humpty and Junior received many accolades for their fine work.[p]Just when I thought the day was over, I got a call from our own RhumAndJerk. He had spent the afternoon at Jacob's field enjoying a rare (for this year) Indians victory. I told him to come on down as I still had the Grillin Bill's signature tri tip to serve which I started prepping almost 2 days earlier. The roast spent 24 hours in the marinade and almost another 24 hours in the rub and mustard. This is a great recipe and well worth your consideration. A little advance preparation is required but well worth the effort. It was soooooo good that Mike and I almost ate the whole thing ourselves while we stood around BSing.[p]K~G
Many thanks to our rookie of the year Grillin Bill!

[ul][li]Grillin Bill's tri-tip[/ul]

Comments