Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help With Pork Chops Tonight

Options
Chicago Wine Geek
Chicago Wine Geek Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fdaypics2038.jpg
<p />Hi Everyone. [p]I've got some HUGE pork chops from Lobel's on tap for tonight.
They are 2" - 2 1/2" thick. I want a nice seared crust, but they are also going to need a while to cook. Trex them 2-3 min a side then 45 min or so at 350? [p]What would you do?

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    pchops05-1.JPG
    <p />Chicago Wine Geek,[p]Those look great. Sear them 90 seconds per side, rest for 15 minutes, then roast at 400 for about 7-8 minutes per side - shoot for 135 internal when you take them off the Egg. They'll rise to about 140 - 145 if you let them sit on the counter for a couple of minutes before slicing. [p]I also recommend that when you serve them you go ahead and slice them, instead of slicing while eating (like the picture above). This assures that the chop doesn't continue to cook while you're eating.[p]Good luck and be sure to post some pics of the final results,[p]TRex
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Chicago Wine Geek,[p]Wooooo!![p]Hold up there Hoss![p]I'd say that 45 minute dwell is probably waaaaaayyyy to long!![p]Are you brining these Chops? (which are "beauts" by the way!!)[p]Here'sa link for some Rib Chops I did recently...FWIW.[p]Emjoy!![p]Evans[p]TRex's advice is right on also...[p]
    [ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2005/messages/218122.htm[/ul]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chicago Wine Geek
    Options
    Fdaypics2039.jpg
    <p />TRex,[p]Turned out great, thanks for the info. Sorry the final pic's didn't turn out better. Sure was good...

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    As usual there are some great suggestions. It really is not a bad idea to brine them. And the searing and suggested shortened cook times at 400 should really do it. Just make sure you do some egg burping before opening that puppy at 400 after it has been hotter.