Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled pork

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What cut of pork do I use for pulled pork? Rubs? Type of wood?
Thanks,
RBK

·

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    RBK, hopefully I'll only get one mouse click... start with about a 5-7 lb Boston Butt, a little of JJ's rub and a nice coating of mustard. So Goooooooooooood!

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Gfw, Ya covered it "soooo gooood" !! Get it either bone in or boneless..and yell for further flight instructions..
    C~W[p]

·
  • Gfw,[p]I have been thinking about doing a "fresh ham" (unsmoked ham) on the EGG. the come in about 12-15 lbs whole chunks with the bone in. If I have it cut in half that will be about 7-8 lbs.[p]Is this different than Boston Butt? And if it is, how do you think it would fair as doing it as pulled pork?[p]Anthony

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Anthony Up North,
    Hams are from the opposite end of the hog. Butts, and picnics come from the shoulder, and are quite different. Hams are much leaner, and I doubt you can get one to pull unless you put it in a crock pot. Yet many have done hams on the egg with awesome results.[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·