Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

max and spawn -- show'em your trophies

aka mr. Earl
aka mr. Earl Posts: 151
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mad Max and his offspring, Spawn, picked up a couple trophies at New Holland this weekend. Spawn took home a bunch of trophies in the youth division, including first place for a killer brownie desert. it ws so good Brett, the Free Range team captain, had her enter it in chef's choice for the regular contest. She got a 7th place ribbon out of 55 entries. [p]Our own Mad Max - also on the Free Range - took charge of our sausage entry and took home a first place trophy (and a check). I hope he posts a pic of the box Spawn designed. It was incredible. [p]I am sure I speak for Brett when I say congrats from the Free Range team to Max and Spawn.[p]What was really good about this was that Max has done spectacular things at Eggfests and previous contests. It was great to see him finally get the recognition he deserves. He's done flank steak roll ups, snails, holiday turkeys and a brisket so good it was in the Washington Post. He is probably best known for his photos on the lovely Gina (or whatever her name is) from the FoodTV channel.

Comments

• aka Mr. Earl ,
    Yey Max and Spawn! And, Earl is too modest. As pitmaster he made a lot of crucial last minute adjustments so those sausages came out done to a tee! Great weekend, Hillard. Way to share the love. [p]Brett

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502

Well deserved![p]Yea, man! Lets see them trophies![p]Photos of the winning dishes would be nice, too . . . [p]Something to drool over, as usual![p]Rodger

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    aka Mr. Earl ,[p]Now how do you know about this killer brownie dessert and I don't??? I live with a chocolaholic (or however one would say that) and this sounds like a good thing.[p]Max or Spawn...details on the killer?[p]mShark
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    mollyshark,
    I'm going to bring you a cake at OK eggfest to die for.[p]Mike

• aka Mr. Earl ,[p]Once they get back from their week at the beach I am sure they will be proud to post pictures of the fabulous brownies and the infamous sausage. [p]Brett
  • aka Mr. Earl ,[p]you are too modest regarding the sausage. .. . the basic idea was a combination of stuff that brett and i originally discussed, then you and i made it a reality with some more collaborative thinking. . .and you saved the day with the caldera bringing it up to proper temps with 5 minutes to spare, and then sydney's fabulous presentation (all on her own). . . so if ever a win was a true team effort it was this one. .. . [p]as for picks of sydney's unbelievable brownie box, i'm afraid you wll all have to wait until next week when i get my pictures downloaded after vacation. .. . sorry molly.. ..[p]
    mad "sausage guy" max

• mollyshark,
    imagine a box of girhadelli (spell?) brownie mix, doctored with extra chocolate, then laid in a box prepped with 4, yep, count em, four bars of ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate, all shaved in the bottom, then garnished with a schredded bar of ghiradelli white chocolate. . ..it really was great. .. .but i apologize, you have to wait till next week for the pictures. . ..[p]again, she took first place in kid's q chef's choice, and 7th out of 56 teams in the main competition. ..

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Will definitely look forward to that although, alas, I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Really. And I'm a vanilla person, not much of a chocolate fan. I know, it is a genetic disorder or something. I have a couple things I will melt for other than Lawn Ranger. Good oatmeal raisin cookies. Great Creme Brulee. Hmm...I'll have think if there are any other ones. Hoping to add your cake to the list. I could use some indulgence![p]mShark
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    aka Mr. Earl,[p]Congratulations to the Free Range BBQ team! .... y'all have to be one of the most colorful and entertaining groups of people I have the pleasure of knowing. And it's like home when we camp next to y'all.[p]Spawn, those brownies were awesome! WooKitties went back for seconds and cleaned out the pan. How is it you keep bringing home more hardware than your poppa? [p]John[p]