Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Egg air leaks

MWMW Posts: 61
edited 3:05AM in EggHead Forum
I bought a mini egg last year and could not get the top to align on the bottom without a large gap due to badly rivetted frame. I obtained a new clamp (upper and lower metal rings) from BGE but it still joins badly and does not alow much control of heat it also lets the moisture in and molds between cooking sessions. That can be resolved by more frequent cooking sessions I know, but does anyone have any pointers on making the lid fit better? Be grateful for any input.
mw

·

Comments

• MW, My mini does not seat perfectly either but the mini is more grill than smoker so it really makes little difference. I still love my mini.

·
  • MW,How the hell did I triple post?

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,892
    ccrider ,
    I don't know
    I don't know
    I don't know
    smiley thingee

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·