Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

first polder purchase

edited 8:16PM in EggHead Forum
I am looking to buy my first polder. Is there such a thing as a wireless polder. I have been shopping for one in the local pot & pan stores - they have never heard of one. If I do have to buy a polder with a wire - does that bad to have it hang out - loosing that seal and heat etc?[p]Thanks for your help - there is a lot to learn - cooking on a BGE is an art.[p]Thanks,
Wes

Comments

• Wes,[p]The wire on the polder is so thin, that it doesn't cause any leaking that I've seen. I did notice on Polders's web site that their new model has a count up feature. I would get that one.

• AardvarkAardvark Posts: 5
    Wes,
    I have seen an article in the local paper about a "Remote BBQ/Oven Thermometer" that is sold by SharperImage. It is a be pricey at $89.95 but if it is what you need, go for it.
    It claims to transmit up to 75 feet. The transmitter is outside the cooking chamber, much like a Polder would be.[p]Check it out on www.sharperimage.com

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Wes,[p]I have the Remote Check thermometer that Aardvark mentioned. It has a Polder-like unit that sits outside the Egg, and transmits to a remote receiver. There is still a thin wire connecting the probe to the transmitter. No problem in terms of heat loss; this wire (like the Polder's) is thin enough that it doesn't interrupt the seal, as Irish Smoker said.[p]The Remote Check works fine; it is expensive, but a great convenience for overnight cooks and nasty weather.[p]Cathy
  • Irish Smoker,[p]I'm interested in buying the Polder with the count up feature you mentioned but I can't find their web site. Could I get the web site and the model number of the unit you recommend? Thanks