I have struggled with ribs since I've had the EGG. Nature Boy's recipe has been a savior. I have a question:
Currently I put a drip pan on the cooking grid, put some beer and water in the pan, add a second grate with my ribs on. I've been cooking at 300 dome for 4 hours.
Do you think the following set up would change the good results I have been getting with this method?[p]1) Place my Weber grate between the firebox and ring.
2) Put drip pan on Weber grate. (now considerably closer to the fire)
3) place 1st rack on drip pan with 1st layer of Ribs, 4-5 slabs.
4) Place a brick on the 1st rack to hold second rack.
5) place 4-5 more slabs on second rack
6) place grid extender on second rack and put 3-4 more slabs on top.[p]I know that this would work vertically, I'm concerned that the pan and 1st rack are too close to the fire. Any thoughts would be appreciated. If this works it would bve a big help when doing ribs for a big crowd.