Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling and baking simultaneoulsy?

Options
BTG
BTG Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone with a good solution to grill burgers and cook french fries at the same time. Currently I use the Ore-Ida fast food style fries cooked in the oven on my "indoor" pizza stone. Would like to do both on the egg. The best solution I can come up with is to get a second egg (and not only to solve this problem but many others such as baked potatoes and T-rex steak together). If anyone has a good idea for a single egg solution help appreciated. Seriously, I'm working to get another egg - problem solved.[p]Thanks,[p]BTG

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    IMG_0265.jpg
    <p />BTG,
    I too love those fries but do them on a cookie sheet in the oven - not on a pizza stone. I'd stay if you used a BGE grill raiser then you could grill the burgers direct on the bottom while baking the fries in a shallow round pan on top. Time and temp wise both are compatible at 450 for 10 minutes. May take some juggling but should work. HTH

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BTG
    Options
    RRP,[p]Thanks, never thought of using my raised grid. Still, I think 2 eggs would be better, don't you ;)

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    BTG,
    2 eggs is always better than one. They will keep each other company and when the wife aint looking they might reproduce and you will have even more...

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    BTG,[p]LOL Two eggs would be good but not for your problem here of the burgers and fries. That would be similar to using an oven alongside the egg. You want to get them both done on the same unit w/out having to fire two eggs. [p]You mentioned potatos too. I would cover them in foil and throw them on the charcoal. For the fries, if you have room on the grill (large egg, not cooking for too many people), you would even need to use the raised, you could do them alongside each other.[p]Gwen
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    dimple'smom,
    actually Gwen, the set up I suggested last night should work fine using the Ore-Ida fries he was planning - the time and temp suggested on the package is 10 minutes at 450 - which done on a BGE extended grill using a round shallow pan would be workable and then grilling the burgers underneath direct should produce good burgers at the same time.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BTG
    Options
    Drivr,[p]I like the way you think!!
  • locolongball
    Options
    If you did them both at the same time, I would think the fries would turn out too smokey. Well, i guess you could cook the burgers w/ out smoke, but what fun would that be?