Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Puller

JimWJimW Posts: 450
edited 9:42AM in EggHead Forum
Anyone know of a good tool to pull pork? A couple of forks gets a little tedious when you have a lot of pork to pull.

Comments

• jake42jake42 Posts: 932
    JimW,
    Try these. This is what I use.

[ul][li]http://www.barbecue-store.com/bearpaw.htm[/ul]
  • Toy ManToy Man Posts: 416
    I second the vote for Bear Paws[p]
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,469
    4T433.JPG
    <p />JimW,
    The best thing I have found is neoprene gloves. Much more control than the bear paws I think, and it seems easier to me. [p]Cheers mang!
    Chris

[ul][li]Neoprene Gloves[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,386
    IMG_010013.jpg
    <p />JimW,
    here's a better pix of the bear claws - one word of caution though is they are surprisingly very sharp and in a childs hands could be dangerous.

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,469
    RRP,
    The twins like to play "slash, slash, slash" with each other pretending to be grizzly bears. You should see them. A slash to the arms or any other body part doesn't count, but if you get the face....it's big points. It's so cute. ;-)[p]Seriously, you are right sir. Keep away from the kiddies. Feelin a little goofy today.
    Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    RRP,[p]Hey.... I've got a pair of 'em, and they are pretty dangerous im my hands too![p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,386
    thirdeye, I hear ya - I just wanted to give those with young'ens a heads up - cauz those sure aren't substitute back scratchers either!
    BTW I've found there is better control and less fatigue if I use them like this
    IMG_0577.jpg

[p]as opposed to the natural instinct to grab them like a shovel handle like this
    IMG_0578.jpg

[p]Or do you have another hint?

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    RRP,[p]I try hold on to the butt with one, and use the other for shreading. When slicing, I just use one for holding the product. For personal grooming I ...... well, that's another story.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • JimW,
    We use a spaghetti fork. Works great.