Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hamburgers on the EGG

edited 9:26AM in EggHead Forum
I have made the following recipe before and they were delicious,
except I didn't have an EGG at that time.
Can anyone tell me if I can cook these hamburgers on the EGG the same way a steak is cooked??
Oh, by the way, I put a little chunk of blue cheese in the inside center of each hamburger. Made it taste much better.[p]ground beef
grated sharp Cheddar cheese
Worcestershire sauce
grated onion
freshly ground pepper
sliced bacon [p]To each pound of ground beef add 1/2 cup of grated sharp Cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and 1 grated onion. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and form into cakes. Wrap each cake with a slice of bacon and grill. These are exceptionally fine served with sliced raw onion marinated in an olive oil and wine vinegar dressing and plenty of hot mustard.

·

Comments

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Ruffo,
    You never mentioned how you were going to cook them - other than saying "like a steak". My guess it that will be OK - not sure about all the extra stuff you add - doesn't it melt out?
    Anyway, I do burgers like steaks for the most part - high heat and sear them up good then let them dwell-in-the-shell until done. Method #2 is to avoid the dwell and sear until done. Good luck - let us know how it comes out.[p]Tim

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Ruffo,
    I like my hamburgers about 3/4" thick and do them for 3 minutes a side at around 650F. No dwell time. They come out with just a hint of pink in the middle.
    JimW

·