Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hey Large Eggers

AndyRAndyR Posts: 130
edited 5:37AM in EggHead Forum
Fellow Eggers,[p]I'll be purchasing a new ceramic cooker in the near future. I realize the advantage of going from a 13" to an 18" cooker. My question is - If you had the opportunity to go to a 22.5" instead of an 18" cooker, would you? [p]djm5x9 need not reply. I already know your answer. :)
·

Comments

• PujPuj Posts: 615
    Andy R.,[p]All other aspects being equal ... sure.[p]Puj

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Andy R.,
    Daryl been pushing old K again I guess.[p]Let me be totally honest with you here. I have a small and a large Egg. I have yet to find anything my family can not cook on the large - if 18" ain't big enough - then you need a pit. I did 6 racks of ribs and I could have put 2 more in - heck, I don't know more people than that. I have done 12 lb turkey and 36+ chicken wings and 2 6 lb butts. Bigger just neans more lump to heat it all up. [p]Tim[p]

·
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Now Tim . . .[p]You KNOW I try to walk that white line regarding such matters . . . [p]To me, the important thing is TECHNIQUE and becoming one with your cooker, not so much what you cook on. Once you go "ceramic" you never go back . . . Well, unless you are Q.N.E. tyme . . . A lot of us "get it" and are quite happy with the product we produce on our cookers.[p]Andy R. is just trying to start some . . . Well, I got something for him when he comes back for vacation . . . If he has a job . . .
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,343
    djm5x9,
    lol. Great post.
    See you in Rocktober.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    djm5x9,
    Just teasing - I didn't know Andy was a friend of yours. I know you walk the line and have and use both. :-)[p]Tim

·
  • DaveDave Posts: 163
    Andy R.,[p]When I got my large egg 2 months ago, I was a little concerned about the size. After all, my gas grill was a 48-in mega-burner behemoth. How wrong I was! That 18-inch BGE has handled everything I've thrown at it, with room to spare. And I often entertain 20-24 people at a time. As a matter of fact, I'm keeping a gas grill around so that my wife can fire it up in a hurry on weeknights while I'm out of town, but I'm actually looking to DOWNsize my gas grill. [p]So my opinion is that the 18-inch Large BGE is fine for most people, even those that do a fair amount of entertianing.[p]Dave
    ·