Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

6.5lb Butt -- Delicious Short cook!

Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
edited 3:45PM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday morning, put the butt on the egg at around 6:15 am and headed to the office. Smoked it at about 250 to 275 until seven oclock last night. The internal temp was 197 and I was hungry.[p]I couldn't believe how quickly this butt cooked -- even in the rain![p]Tender and delicious! I love my EGG!!![p]B~F

Comments

• Bama Fire, I just bought a big green egg and love it. We have cooked chicken, steak, ribs and corn. I would like to attempt to cook a roast on sunday, but am not sure on how to do this. If you have any advice please email me.[p]thanks

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,387
    bill hanna,
    Feel free to start a thread of your own when you have a question like this. Email is great for certain questions, and off-topic stuff, but the advantage of the forum is having several excellent, and diversified responses to your valid question!![p]What type of "roast" are you looking to do?? For example a shoulder (picnic and boston butt), and a loin roasts are cooked differently, as one is lean, and one is fatty. Lots of folks here to get ideas from. [p]Glad you are enjoying your egg. Welcome to this fine group.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Bama Fire,
    No 2 butts cook the same. The next one may tke longer.

• Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    bill hanna,
    I would second NB's comments. If you "post a new message" you'll get many more responses. Good luck![p]Happy 4th![p]B~F