Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overnight on a Medium BGE?

Options
Seattle Todd
Seattle Todd Posts: 227
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Re-posting from the 'new' Forum since it hasn't made it over yet. Thanks for the heads up, Hulk![p]Hi all, [p]I've owned a large BGE for 6 years now. Just picked up a medium a month or so back. To save space on my large for some of the good Dr.'s championship ribs tomorrow I'm planning on using the Medium to cook two pork butts this even. [p]My question is whether I should expect anything different on the Medium? I don't own a guru but have never had a problem with the large. I normally end up hitting the overnight temp and then closing both the top and the bottom vents almost completely so that only like maybe a credit card could fit through. [p]I'm assuming the same with the Medium? [p]No worries about running out of fuel in the Medium I assume? I KNOW people have done this before but the firebox just looks SO much smaller than the large. =)[p]Thanks! [p]Todd

Comments

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Smoke and Beers,
    I own a medium & have done several overnighters with & without the guru (about 19hrs) without problems.
    Enjoy your Medium

• RocketMan
    Options
    Smoke and Beers,[p]>>No worries about running out of fuel in the Medium I assume? I KNOW people have done this before but the firebox just looks SO much smaller than the large. =)<<[p]I've done several 20 hr+ cooks in my medium - I always clean it out and start with a full load of new lump.[p]- Andy
  • Groundfish
    Options
    Smoke and Beers,[p]a medium is all i have (so far). i've done quite a few overnight cooks. i always start with fresh lump and fill into the lower third of the fire ring. vent settings depend on the lump. if i do a credit card opening with WGC the fire goes out. you may have to watch it for a while to learn your vent settings, after you learn them it works great.