Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Flat Iron Steaks.....

BasscatBasscat Posts: 587
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow, add my vote for this cut, which has been mentioned a few times recently here! Noticed it at the local grocery (with a good meat counter) at $3.99 a lb., though they neglected the last step of splitting out the line of connective tissue in the middle (thanks RumRunner! See link below...). After a little work and a bit of waste (hey, it was $3.99/lb :) it was at least nearly as good as a strip or ribeye for a fraction of the price. My final product was about 3/4 of an inch thick, dusted with DP Cowlick and EVOO, cooked on my Medium BGE at 600 for 2 minutes on the first side, flipped and shut the vents for about 3-4 minutes for the other side, and was perfectly (for me) on the rare side of medium-rare, fork tender, and wonderful. Plus I have have 2 more 7 oz. pieces in the freezer for a total cost of about $7. If you like steak and not the high price, try these if you can find them...

[ul][li]Flat Iron Steak[/ul]