Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back to the water for sprinter - cooking more salmon

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Been busy working at home in the evenings and heaven forbid, I've actually been working at work, gads. Looks like I've missed a lot over the past couple of days with the firebox issues. But, on to cooking.[p]I HAVE been cooking in my absence, did some blackened bleu burgers and a pork butt over the past week, still working through the leftovers on those.[p]This weekend its back to the deep blue with about 20 pounds of salmon to smoke for the weekend festivities, lots of relatives coming in town. These were caught (the fish, not the relatives) earlier in the year in MI, frozen but should still be good. Just when I finally got rid of the gills from the last seafood marathon I had I'm back to growing them again. But for smoked salmon its worth it. I plan on doing the salt/sugar/dill marinade (cure) then smoke them for about 4-5 hours indirect. Looking forward to tasty treats over the weekend.[p]Troy