Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tsunamis.....and Tsunami Tenderloins...

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
TsunamiTenderloin3.jpg
<p />Here in the "Tropical Paradise" of Cypress, Texas...we finally got an afternoon without rain!![p]Time to put down the umbrella...get out the Wok.... fire up the Small, and go "Asian"![p]First...A couple of Pork tenderloins trimed and tied.
Marinate for 2-4 hours in Soy,Toasted Sesame oil, Sweet Chili Sauce, Garlic,Orange zest,and a good lug of "Tsunami Spin" (from the "Home Office) in FairFax.[p](Boil, and reduce marinade by half for Veggies later).[p]
Remove from Marinade...sprinkle with "Tsunami Spin"...
400 degrees..direct...3 minutes on all four sides.[p]TsunamiTenderloin.jpg [p]Installed extended GrateMates and move to an elevated grid.
12-14 additional minutes turning once halfway thru.[p]TsunamiTenderloin2.jpg[p]Heat some Grapeseed Oil up the Wok.
Stir fry a combination of Bok choy.. Snow Peas...Shitake & Crimini Mushrooms...Green Onions...and garlic, till tender.
Finish with reserved marinade, a good pinch of "Tsunai Spin", and toss to coat.

TsunamiTenderloin5.jpg[p]Slice rested pork and plate.[p]TsunamiTenderloin7.jpg[p]Top with Saute'd Chanterelle Mushrooms...and enjoy!![p]TsunamiTenderloin9.jpg[p]
With a nod to Sandbagger, and appreciation to TRex for manning the "Hotline"!![p]Chubby

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Chubby, I dig the presentation. Just by looking at the pics. my cholesterol dropped 10 points. Wok on... Tom

• aka mr. Earl
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Just yummy. Now I know what I'm making this weekend.

• Chubby
    Options
    aka mr. Earl,[p]Thanks![p]Be careful with that send button!![p]LOL!![p]Evans[p]PS...good luck this weekend...stay cool!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Chubby,
    Keep it up and we're moving closer to you. LOL[p]You are an inspiration to the human spirit sir, not to mention the human palate.[p]Dr. BBQ might have some competition on the BBQ circuit if you keep this up.[p]Spring "Salivating Buckets" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    Chubby,
    that looks to good to be healthy. what size wok is that, i think i may try that.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Chubby
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]12"on the Wok'[p]I don't know what it is.... but once in a while the urge
    to eat healthy snaggs me!![p]LOL!![p]Evans

• Chubby
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Pleeeeaaase!![p]I think I'm blushing![p]
    Are you and the Mrs going to Austin in September?
    Eggtoberfest?
    Okie Eggfest?[p]Give up the plans!![p]Evans

• Chubby,
    Lookin real good Chubby nice presentation, YUM YUM GOOD
    Regards
    PIG PEN

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Chubby,
    Yer shamin' even one of the Dizzy Pig guys hisself! I just got 5 X 2-paks of pork tenderloins and I was thinking I would just grill em easy with some Firewalk or regular Dust and maybe do a baked potato alongside or something.... but now you've pushed the bar waay up there. If our customers can do these amazing things with our rubs and other foods, I guess we gotta shoot for the stars ourselves too, right? LOL
    Back searchin' the cupboard,
    Qfan
    ps--let's all send some good vibes out to NB and family. He doesn't talk too in-depth about his home life, but talking to him today before he left for the Belair competition, he told me that his mother-in-law (and one of the big inspirations for all the Asian-influenced stuff he/we do) is gravely ill. Just keep some good thoughts going toward the Capells as you enjoy your weekend... thanks...

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Chubby,
    Yeaaouza! That looks good! I like to wok but never did it in the egg. Do you keep the dome up all the time your woking?
    Clay

• Chubby
    Options
    Clay Q,[p]Yes..pretty much.[p]I have a dome for the Wok if I need to cover![p]My wife love it because it doesn'stink (or heat) up the house.[p]Also..even though she's got as nice cooktop....the egg will get the Wok hotter.[p]Evans[p]PS...I do leave the Egg shut while I'm heating up the wok!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chubby,
    Looking good but I really don't see many closeups? LOL. Great looking pics and eats.[p]Mike

• Chubby
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Hey Mike!![p]I appreciate your kind words!! [p]My dad used to tell me...[p]"Even a blind Hog finds an acorn once in a while"!![p]LOL!![p]Will do... on the Chris's MIL thing![p]I was chatting with him yesterday....and I'm thinking he can use all the good vibes he can get!![p]She's apparently led a long, healthy life...and truth is...we're not supposed to last forever.[p]Still...It's hard to let those we love go!
    "His" will... be done.[p]Evans[p]Enjoy your weekend off!!

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    Chubby,
    Hey man, it appears as if you just might know how to cook??? LOL [p]How are you my friend? Hopefully well! Things are good in Hotlanta... working way to hard and not posting much these days, but I just couldn't resist.[p]Enjoy the mini Lake Travis Fest! I'll see you in Oct!!! Smokin Joe[p]PS: Last night I did 1 1/2 center loin pork chops - direct at 400 with the tall GrateMate in. Sprinkled with Jamaican Firewalk and served up a warmed up dallop of Tobasco's Carribian Steak Sauce with parmesean couscous and steamed brocolli - Yum! Tonight - same set up only Mushroom Madness Chixken Breasts with buttered orzo and some woked spinach & garlic - Yum again!