Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajita reciepe

BTG
BTG Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody got a good fajita reciepe? What is best cut of meat and cooking times and temps? Thanks[p]BTG

Comments

• BTG,
    Fajita's are a house standard around here
    Flank steak is my choice ... it's all in the prep
    marinate at least 24 hours .. 48 is better
    fresh lime juice
    touch of olive oil
    a healthy shot of tequila
    whole cummin and a bit of mexican oregano .. toasted just til the cummin seed releases its flavor... then ground together
    the addition of achiote and fresh ground allspice is a plus[p]
    cook the steak at about 400 .. does not take long at all, maybe 10 mins to a side
    I add mesquite to the fire, actually the fire is usually more mesquite than charcoal[p]

• BTG,
    Alton Brown's recipe in his episode Raising The Steaks is really good. This is the one where he lays the skirt steak/flank steak directly on the coals. I think 60 seconds is a bit short, next time I'm going 90. Really, really nice.... You can find it on foodtv.com.
    TNW

[ul][li]AB's Skirt Steak[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    BTG,
    I sometimes (frequently) get a fajita hanker'n at the last minute and just throw some boneless/skinless chicken breasts on the Egg after sprinkling them liberly with Fiesta Chicken Fajita Seasoning. While they are cooking (not long) I start to stir fry some onions and bell peppers. When the chicken is lightly done, I cut them in strips and stir in with the onions and peppers and more seasoning until ready and serve on a nuked tortillia. Takes about ten minutes and is as good as some pretend Mexican restaurants. Simple is sometimes good. I've also done the same with beef.[p]Your question warrants a margarita. Thank you.[p]Spring "Soon to Be Margaritaed" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• BTG
    BTG Posts: 76
    Spring Chicken,
    Thanks, and I'm already margarited. Doing fajitas for the inlaws Tuesday. Got more tequila where the first came from though.[p]