Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Char-Woody help

CsgCsg Posts: 17
edited 8:10AM in EggHead Forum
I think it was you that posted cooking a Digiorno pizza could you please give me the time and temperature again. I can't find it in the archives. Thanks

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Csg, Sorry if I am too late, and if your already past the dinner, I hope it turned out well.
    I assume its a frozen dinner and I think mine was a Franchesca or similar..forgot now but it was a rising dough forumula crust.
    I did this one by thawing out the pizza to a near fresh unbaked consistancy, and placed it on the hot pizza stone simply with the round cardboard that it came with. I had the BGE at 500 to 550 F...and rotated the temperature with the solid top cap from around 475 to 550 by placing the cap on and off..like a throttle. All vents wide open other than the capping and uncapping..Watch the dome thermometer and use it for the regulator time.
    The pizza stone by itself on 3 firebricks on edge for a base on the standard grill. Or use a platesitter same way. Add the stone if you wish. I have used both ..sitter or stone or both..
    Takes about 20 minutes for a nice raised browned crusting and melted cheese toppings. Ya got me hungry again..
    Hope this wasn't to much info...Cheers..C~W[p]