Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Italian Sausage

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This may be a totally useless post, but I have come up with a new way to cook Italian Sausage. It all begins when my wife (love her dearly) decides this morning that she wants an Italian Sausage rather than steak. The NY Strip looked too good to pass up so the menu was set – NY Strip for me and Italian Sausage for her. For the benefit of Dr. Chicken, we also made SWEET POTATOES –they were great![p]I did the strips at 750-800 degrees dome temp for 3 minutes, 2 minutes and then let sit for 5 minutes on the cool down – steak turned out a perfect medium rare. [p]Back to the sausage… during the cook first six minutes of the cook, the sausage was positioned on the steak – for the last four minutes, I put the sausage on the grid and let it finish cooking – results… the steak, the sausage and even the sweet potatoes were great![p]BTW – if you don’t like steak, use this method, eat the sausage and give the steak to one of your dogs![p][p]
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]