Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gettin' Spun on the OBX

Options
Wahooegger
Wahooegger Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife's scurrying around packing for our trip to the Outer Banks tomorrow and she dared to scowl at me when she spotted me packin' my Dizzy Pig rubs! As it is I've got to be without my Egg for a week, there's no way I'm going without the Pig!

Comments

• The Virginian
    Options
    Wahooegger,
    Why in the world go without the Egg? I just brought mine back from the Delaware beaches where I cooked on it several evenings. Just be careful getting it in and out of the car, and secure it with straps once it is in there. No worries![p]Brett

• Wahooegger
    Options
    The Virginian,
    Believe me, I'd love to. But with a boxer, three kids and a wife in an Explorer, I'd need a trailer. Not to say I won't have a trailer next year...

• clausenk
    clausenk Posts: 93
    Options
    Wahooegger,[p]You chose a dog over a cooker? Or was it one of the humans?[p]Clausen
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Wahooegger,
    Once I got my rooftop carrier I found I could out enough of the bulky stuff up there that I could at least fit a medium egg in the back of the Pathfinder![p]Anyways, glad to hear the rubs made it! The Outer Banks is an incredible place for a vacation. Been a couple years since we have been. I am jealous![p]Have a blast!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornbread Willy
    Options
    Wahooegger,
    Howdy all you Old Dominion eggers. Logging in from Richmond here myself and, coincidentally, am heading down to the OBX tomorrow. I have a turkey breast on the egg as we speak and will put on an eye o' round tomorrow. Will foodsave those babies, transport the slicer and enjoy sandwiches all week! [p]Bad news, I went to my supplier yesterday to pick up some BGE lump - Pleasants Hardware has always maintained a pretty good selection of accessories, eggs, etc. Anyway, all they had on display yesterday was a bunch of gas grills and Cowboy lump. I asked, and they said the BGE stuff was too expensive and was just sitting on the shelves - they quit carrying it within the last month. Bummer. Had to buy the Cowboy, but am now in the market for another source.[p]Enjoy the beach. Watch out for sharks![p]JP