Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork

Options
EddieMac
EddieMac Posts: 423
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Don't worry, Chuter.....I'm brand new too.....and have made a few mistakes when doing pulled pork.....thankfully....it's a piece with a lot of fat....stays moist....and hard to annihilate......[p]Listen to the folks on this list....they know what they're talking about...and you've gotten good advice already....especially the part about throwing away the book.....[p]This past weekend was my second attempt at low-n-slow with Boston Butts....I cooked at 250 - 260 dome temp....for 17 hours...and they came out GREAT....but I too had to add BGE charcoal during the cook....so...my first two times out I just didn't use enough charcoal....and I've learned it's probably better to have a bit too much that a bit to little in the fuel department.....[p]I'm an accomplished outdoor grill man...but the BGE is new to me and despite a mistake or two I'm really having some major league fun and the folks on this site are more than glad to help....don't get discouraged....keep cooking....it will work out.....[p]Too much time on my hands....lol[p]Ed

Comments