Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

leaky seals

edited 8:06PM in EggHead Forum
I'm a new egg owner, far from being an eggspert. The seal on my egg leaks on the back side by the locking mechanism. Is this normal or is ther something I should do to get a tighter seal?
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    chris pierson,
    With the lid down, loosen the bolts on the vand. The lid should settle down against the seal. Retighten the bolts. That should do it.

·
  • JJ,vat's the vand?[p]
    ·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    chris pierson, vell, I tell ya..JJ meant Band...top one I believe..Also recheck the bolts after a few weeks, even new units as the bands stretch just a skosh. Thats in MMeters. :-)
    Cheers..C~W[p]

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    chris pierson,
    Vatsamatta, not unnerstan goot Ingless.

·