Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Frog Legs . . .

djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
froglegs3.jpg
<p />Marinated in Lawry's Tequila Lime Marinade for about 18 hours. Grilled at 700* with a couple of 1 1/4" ribeyes. They were OK. They were cooked just right, still moist yet done. I was expecting that rush I get when eating some exceptional Calamari with lemon or Oysters Papadeaux . . . I am just wondering if frog legs are best fried or "pan flamed" . . . What do you think, RRP?
·

Comments

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    djm5x9,[p]Those look pretty good to me.[p]Ribbit,
    Cornfed

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    djm5x9,
    Like Cornfed says, they do look wonderful. I think you cooked them perfectly. My guess is that the marinade you used was on for WAY too long. An acidic marinade like that, and that gentle lean meat was knocked silly after 18 hours... and took on a whole different texture. Me be thinkin' a few hours in the refrigerator max with that marinade on that mellow meat, and it would be a different leap frog match.[p]Ya think??
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • FritzFritz Posts: 179
    djm5x9,[p]
    What are Oysters Papadeaux?[p]Fritz

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,729
    djm5x9, OK!...but, like I said earlier try the receipe I posted as a GREAT backup!!!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]I know what you mean about over marinating . . . Interestingly, the meat did not pick up much of the marinate flavor. Frog legs will be done again . . .

·
    Fritz:[p]Heaven . . .[p]You come down to Atlanta this fall and I will point you in the right direction. There version of Oysters Rockefeller. You have a seafood house called Papadeaux's your way? An old Greek boy made good in Nu Auleans . . . Got a good, consistant restaurant.

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    djm5x9, Now I want you guys to cut that out!! One of our most respected and long term members of this forum has now gone into seclusion..I think in some Frogestary somewhere. One look at that and he went into shock..Now its bad enuff we have Jeffie down below stirring the pot and then MR. Toad has to see his nemesis on a platter....:-)
    Apologize quickly......please..!!
    Char-Woody

·
    RRP:[p]Thanks again.

·
    Char-Woody,
    Hey seedub...frogs are amphibians, not reptiles like Mr. Toad. I am sure MT understands this, and took no offense!!!![p]yeee!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Nature Boy,
    After exhibiting at countless food shows I have learned the hard way about over-marinating. We always serve jerked shrimp. Shrimp may be expensive, but I only have to look to know that they are done (pink & curled). Marinate your fish & crustaceans for no more than an hour for best results IMOHO / $.02 Applewife

·
    Nature Boy, Last I heard he says your all a bunch of insensitive dolts..and went to bed..:-)
    I said "nemesis" and for the life of me there is a better word..Ancestors..maybe??
    :-)....

·
    Char-Woody,
    It's a good thing that he was too busy to see my FROG LEGS post last night!!

·
    J Appledog, I sensed from his comments that the post was o.k. but the visuals were too much...:-)
    I love his humor...:-)...gnite all!!
    C~W[p]

·
    Char-Woody,
    Did he volunteer the comments
    or did you have to axe him?
    JCA

·
  • Nature Boy, I heard his moanful cry late last night all the way across Valdese. Doesn't take much to get across Valdese but it was there. Pooooorrr Mr Toad, He was just comming off a grand high with Toadfest and all and now to see such a visual.
    I will probably have to go over and console him--And help him drink a Chimay or two.
    yours in the egg (and grief counseling)--The Colonel

·
    The Colonel,
    That's what friends are for! What a plan. Enjoy the Chimay.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • FritzFritz Posts: 179
    djm5x9,[p]I love Oysters Rockefeller. Haven't made that in the BGE yet though.[p]Why don't your give us the recipe for Oysters Papadeaux? We don't have one of those near here.[p]Fritz[p]P.S. May be coming to Atlanta in a week or so.......
    ·
    J Appledog, he was quite verbal..and now to bed a second time...next night already :-)[p]
    ·