Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Re-heating ribs?

Options
Seattle Todd
Seattle Todd Posts: 227
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to re-heat ribs from the fridge? Back on the BGE? Oven? What temp/how long?[p]Todd

Comments

• Smitty
    Smitty Posts: 19
    Options
    Seattle Todd,
    If the ribs are to your liking already the lazy man method is a minute or two at 70% power in the microwave. If the ribs need more sauce or browning, then 15 minutes on a 350 to 400 grill should do it. Firing up the Egg just to reheat the ribs may be more than you care to do, but I'm sure you could add something to the grill to make it worthwhile. Enjoy them ribs.

• BTG
    BTG Posts: 76
    Options
    Seattle Todd,[p]If you have a vacuum food saver they can be boiled in the sealed bag and then sauced and grilled over a 350 degree BGE for a few minutes.[p]BTG

• Seattle Todd
    Seattle Todd Posts: 227
    Options
    Smitty,[p]Thanks for the responses guys. Actually the nuke method might work. I cooked up some of Dr. BBQ's ribs as an Eggsperiment and they were completely done. But not until Midnight. Since I'd already eaten dinner and was a bit full from a few beers I figured I'd put them in the fridge for dinner tonight. I'll try the microwave as I wouldn't want to dry them out warming them up on the BGE.[p]Todd
  • Seattle Todd,
    Recently, as an experiment, I tried reheating ribs on the Egg with GREAT sucess. First, I lightly salted them, then I used a raised grid @ around 300 for 10 -15 min. just long enough to be warm to the touch and have a slight gleasen to them. Sorry that this response is probably not timely.