Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Is this to hot

Jerome PooleJerome Poole Posts: 44
edited 6:43PM in EggHead Forum
I have been cooking 1 whole brisket and 2 butts for 13 hrs I started off until about 3:30 this morning 230f then i letit move up to 255f the mavrick is registering 267 what do you thikk about temp.&time line
Jerome Thanks

Comments

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Jerome , a tad high but by no means too hot. dr bbq had a good discussion on the purpose of low and slow some time back. The key is to leave the meat temperature (not grill temp) in the "breakdown zone" (approx 165-175) as long as possible. You seem to have been cooking for some time so it looks like you might have spent a good time there already. Sometimes when I get rushed, I will kick my temp up to 275-300 at the end to push the meat temp on up to 200 or so. It doesn't seem to have adversely affected the end result but then again, I only compete against myself.

• DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 241
    Jerome ,
    I agree with Wise One one hundred percent. The only additional comment I would make is that I pull mine at 190. My family seems to think that at 200 the meat is a little too dry for them. I recently cooked three at the same time. Kind of like the three bears. One was pulled @ 200, one @195, and one @190. The one @ 190 was the most well received.
    Good luck